WEBINAR RECORDING: COVID-19 SAFE ABORTION RESPONSE MAP
The WHO/IBP Network recently hosted a webinar to launch the Covid-19 Safe Abortion Response Map.
The recording from this webinar and the related slides can now be accessed on the IBP Platform.
What is the Covid-19 Safe Abortion Response Map?
This story map is an interactive tool that highlights how organizations adapted their safe abortion and post-abortion care (PAC) programs to maintain service delivery while seeking to protect their clients, staff, and communities from contracting COVID-19.
HRP (the UNDP/UNFPA/UNICEF/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction) is collaborating with several partners to prevent unsafe abortion and support women’s and girls’ health, well-being and rights in the context of COVID-19; partners include DKT International, Ipas, International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), MSI Reproductive Choices, Pathfinder International, PSI, RHSC and others.
This group of partners joined forces to develop the COVID-19 Safe Abortion Response Map.
On the IBP Platform, there is page dedicated to this story map, where you can explore it in detail.
View the webinar recording to learn more!
In this webinar, which marks the global launch of the COVID-19 Safe Abortion Response Map, speakers share stories from four countries, capturing resilience, digital innovation, and persistent advocacy to maintain access to safe abortions and PAC during the pandemic:
- Telemedicine adaptation in South Africa - Rachel Misra, MSI Reproductive Choices
- Maintaining access to PAC and information in Sudan through a hotline model - Kateera Ahmed, IPPF's Association in Sudan, SFPA
- PAC phone-follow-up adaptation in Mozambique - Katia Amado, Pathfinder
- IPC adaptation in Benin - Ando Tiana Raobelison, PSI
- Moderated by Eva Lathrop, PSI.
- Discussion on utility and future development of the map led by Ulrika Rehnström Loi, HRP and the WHO Department of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research.