FIVE LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE IBP IMPLEMENTATION STORIES
What did we learn from the IBP Implementation Stories?
In early 2020, the WHO/IBP Network and Knowledge SUCCESS Project launched a contest, in an effort to support organizations to share their experiences using High Impact Practices (HIPs) and WHO Guidelines and Tools in Family Planning and Reproductive Health Programming.
While the winning stories are diverse in topics and geography, there were some common themes and lessons learned throughout. We list them in a recent blog post at the Knowledge SUCCESS website:
1. High Impact Practices are not implemented in isolation
2. There are other "best practices" that are critical to successful program implementation
3. Linking WHO Guidelines and programmatic High Impact Practices facilitates use
4. FP programming is intersectoral
5. Supporting documentation efforts contributes to knowledge sharing
To read more about what we can learn form the 15 winning stories in this innovative project of how to document implementation of FP/RH evidence, read our entire blog post!