Did you miss out on the IBP Network’s webinar on COVID-19 and its implications for family planning services? Not to worry – the recording of the presentations can be found here!
Listen to informative and inspiring presentations about:
- How access to SRHR services are impacted by the corona virus.
- The importance of considering the gender perspective, when considering solutions for service provision and communications. How are women and girls specifically affected by lockdowns, the need to look out for sick family members, and implications on the household economy – and how does that impact their possibilities to seek SRHR services?
- The opportunity that this pandemic poses – to rethink how FP information and services may be delivered (including how we can use digital technology to tackle this new situation)!
- The current supply chain situation in terms of contraceptives and maternal health medicines.
- What we can learn from the Ebola outbreak.
The webinar was hosted by the IBP Network in partnership with WHO, UNFPA, IPPF and Jhpiego. James Kiarie from WHO presents on the WHO response and some guidance specific to contraceptives services. Then Benedict Light from UNFPA shares how Covid has impacted commodities and supply chain. Following, Tomoko Fukuda shares recent experience from the Asia Region and finally Yolande Hyjazi shares lessons we can learn from the Ebola experience in Guinea.